Carbon Monoxide Headquarters




Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:



"Famous Last Words" regarding CO Exposure:

"Don't worry - there are no lasting effects of carbon monoxide exposure"


"As soon you get some fresh air (or oxygen) the carbon monoxide will go and you will feel fine"


"After receiving 100% oxygen for 2 hours the patient was asymptomatic - he/she was then discharged"


"If you get a headache or begin to feel nauseous/weak/dizzy, etc, just go outside for a few minutes and have a smoke"
....... (using a propane-fueled device in a small space)



...... last changed 09/23/00



Back to CO Symposium Index