1) Turbulent blood flow in the aorta is (more/less) likely in children, anemics and the elderly.
2) Viscosity is defined as shear stress divided by ( ................ ).
3) Which parameter contained in the Reynolds equation is least likely to influence turbulence physiologically?
4) The Fahraeus - Lindqvist effect lowers flow resistance to the greatest extent in the (veins/capillaries/arterioles/arteries).
5) Maximum oxygen transport to tissues
6) Spherical erythrocytes should be better than biconcave discoids because more hemoglobin (thus oxygen) could be carried per erythrocyte (T / F).
7) Erythrocyte deformability is (increase/unchanged/decreased) by hypoxia, acidosis, hypoglycemia and hypothermia.
Return to Index