Cardiac Performance, Dr. D. Penney
Table 2.03. Information that can be obtained by cardiac catheterization and angiography:
1. Intracardiac and intravascular pressure measurements and determination of pressure gradients across the cardiac valves.
2. Cardiac output, pulmonary vascular resistance, and systemic vascular resistance.
3. Radiographic anatomy of the cardiac chambers and great vessels (aorta, pulmonary artery).
4. Radiographic anatomy of the coronary arteries and detection of coronary artery spasm.
5. Detection and quantification of intracardiac shunts.
6. Intracardiac electrograms, His bundle electrograms, electrical pacing studies, and intracardiac phonocardiograms.
7. Acute effects (hemodynamic & electrophysiologic) of cardioactive drugs.
8. Quantification of coronary blood flow.
9. Histology of myocardium from endomyocardial catheter biopsies.
Last changed 01/26/03
Click to Return