1) Which of the following will cause an increase in left ventricular preload?
2) An increase in inotropicity of the left ventricle will (increase/not change/decrease) ejection fraction and dp/dt.
3) Decreased compliance and increased resistance of the aorta and arteries cause an (increase / decrease) in left ventricular afterload and most likely results in an (increase/no change/decrease) in stroke volume.
4) Potassium and calcium are negative inotropic agents ( T / F ).
5) Cardiac hypertrophy as a response to chronically increased preload and/or afterload involves an (increase/no change/decrease) in muscle cell size and (increase/no change/decrease) in muscle cell number.
6) Increased inotropicity results from more frequent contractions (Bowditch effect), use of digitaloids, and greater cardiac sympathetic tone ( T / F ).
7) Which of the following factors is a response of the healthy heart to the stimulation of cardiac parasympathetic neurons?
BACK TO INDEX