CV Review, Essentials, Develop. Physiol., Dr. D. Penney
Figure 1.03 - Diagram of the Cardiac Cycle. It shows the pressure curves of the great vessels and cardiac chambers, valvular events and heart sounds, left ventricular volume curve, jugular venous pulse wave, apex cardiogram, and the electrocardiogram.
For More Details of the Cardiac Cycle
Timing of Cardiac Cycle
- MC and MO, mitral component and opening;
- TC and TO, tricuspid component and opening;
- AC and AO, aortic component and opening;
- PC and PO, pulmonic component and opening;
- OS, opening snap of atrioventricular valves.
- Apex cardiogram:
- IC, isovolumic or isovolumetric contraction wave;
- IR, isovolumic or isovolumetric relaxation wave;
- O, opening of mitral valve;
- RFW, rapid - filling wave;
- SFW, slow - filling wave.
.................. Last changed 09/27/02
Return to Misconception 5
Return to Misconception 7