Historic Images of Royal Oak, D. Penney, 2001


St. Mary Roman Catholic Church stood at the northwest corner of Main and Fifth Streets for 25 years. Picture by Tom Alger, courtesy of Ms. Rhoda McLane. The church was built in 1889 and dedicated in 1890. For 25-30 years before that time the only R.C. church in the town was St. Michael's Chapel located near 12 Mile Road and Campbell. Later the church stood on the east side of Lafayette, just north of Lincoln. Its bell was used by the Village to warn the volunteers of fires. The image below is from a postcard. See the Holy Communion class



Back to Historic Images Index