Historic Royal Oak, D. Penney, 2001






75th Anniversary of The City of Royal Oak


A mosaic of images (derived from 8 mm video) from 1996, the year in which the 75th Anniversary of the City of Royal Oak (estbl. 1921) was celebrated. Left to right: Top row - "City of Royal Oak, 75th Year" sign, on north Rochester Rd.; The Royal Oak plaque on the Bergen boulder at the front of Oakview Cemetery; Signs to many destinations, Crooks Rd. at Main Street. Middle row - No. 2 Fire Station, West Webster; St. Mary Cemetery plaque, on pillar at south entrance; Plaque commemorating the Clawson homestead and Northwood subdivision. Third row - Crooks Rd., that portion covering the old Indian Trail, as seen from the corner at Essex; plaque on glacial boulder commemorating the Saginaw Indian Trail remnant, placed by the Friends of the Almon Starr Historic House, 1987; Trail remnant, boulder, and the Almon Starr House, built 1867.

........ Page developed 11/24/01



Back to the Main Page